Monday, August 17, 2026

Welcome!

Congratulations! You have successfully navigated to Inherently Interesting Fall 2026, the most wonderful, most interesting, and most important blog at this particular URL. Your comments and questions on this blog will help make the class even more wonderful and interesting--and occasionally earn you a bit of extra credit!

 To add your comments, click on the "comments" link immediately below. You may leave your comments as an "anonymous" blogger so that you don't have to set up an account. On extra credit assignments, be sure to include your name at the end of the post so I know who to give credit to.

To get started, here's a test of the History 122 extra credit system. Click the "comments" link below and tell me what historical figure or event you think most interesting or important.

12 comments:

  1. I think the Space Race was really interesting, mostly because I love science rivalry stories but also because of the importance of the rivalry between the US and Russia during that time. (I’m not sure if I should put my name on here but it’s Lee Fowlds)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess a historical event that’s pretty interesting to me is the great depression. It’s interesting that so many things led up to the eventual cause of World War 2 and how despite all odds we made it through.
    Bellamy Fowlds

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most interesting historical event to me would be how the assassination of Archduke Franz-Ferdinand was something that became such a historical event across the entire globe as it was one of main dominos that would lead to our first world war.
    - Charli Rawden

    ReplyDelete
  4. An important event in history was the Manhattan Project of 1945. It was important because that was the beginning of building the worlds nuclear bomb that was then used to bomb 2 towns in Japan later that same year.
    -Madison Ritter

    ReplyDelete
  5. One historical event I find interesting is the 1970 Women's Strike for Equality. It was the largest protest for women's rights in U.S. history up to that point, with over 50,000 people marching in New York City alone. This march is especially interesting, because of how united so many women were that day no matter their background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the most interesting historical event would be the Enlightenment Era. This era, which lasted from 1680 to 1815, was characterized by so many influential movements on modern society such as the Scientific Revolution, the American Revolution, the philosophy of John Locke, Adam Smith, Mary Wollstonecraft, and the classical music of Mozart, Beethoven, Haydn, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The historical event I find most interesting is 9/11. I think the most fascinating parts of it are the conspiracy theories that surround that day. Were there bombs in the building? Was the U.S. government aware of the attack the whole time? The aftermath is super cool too. Airport security is now in place, the Department of Homeland Security exists, and many more things that we don't realize we experience in day to day life. - Maya Miller

    ReplyDelete
  8. I personally Think one of the most important historical events is when Julius Caesar first took power as emperor. This is because it is the start of one of the greatest empires the world had ever seen. I also just love the fact Caesar decided he wished to be seen as a god which made it difficult for emperors after him to deal with such expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite historical event is the French Revolution because of the empowerment it gave to citizens. The March on Versailles is especially interesting because of the amazing women who started the charge. Many changes for France came from this like its shift to a constitutional monarchy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A historical event that I find interesting is the Holocaust. I think it is very interesting to learn what the people in the concentration camps experienced. I really like listening to stories from survivors of the Holocaust.
    -Wyatt Anderson

    ReplyDelete